Impact Ventures UK is known for the financial rigour in which our investment processes are conducted. Throughout the duration of our engagement with each social enterprise, we are committed to providing the expertise and guidance required to maximise the potential of our partnership. The IVUK investment team identifies potential investees and works with them to conduct the initial sourcing and screening phases.
After an initial information-gathering process, businesses are evaluated against five main screening criteria: quality and experience of management, effectiveness of the solution, growth potential, efficiency of implementation and potential to create impact. Other criteria include:
- A small-to-medium business with a robust business plan and financial projections demonstrating clear near-term ability to scale up social impact
- Demonstrate a business model that can generate reasonable, sustainable capital returns
- Showcase a strong management team with deep knowledge and commitment
- Promote market-based solutions in sectors that include but are not limited to: aging, disability, education, housing, criminal justice, financial inclusion, employment and skills training, children and families, community assets and enterprises
- Include social impact as a core part of its core strategy
- Able to evidence their social impact commitment
- Create products and/or services that seek primarily to improve the quality of life for disadvantaged groups in the UK
- Have a clear social mission with measurable outcomes
- Feature simple solutions that are easy to use and explain, and offer a demonstrable advantage against other solutions available in the market
- Provide evidence of revenue generation
- Provide an actionable and scalable plan for income generation and profitability
Impact Ventures UK does not consider: businesses with controversial business activities or who engage in political or religious activities. It does not provide support for organisations focused on deficit reduction, emergency or disaster relief or humanitarian issues, academic initiatives or any organisation that discriminates on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Through equity and smart growth capital investments, our ultimate goal is to realise the full potential of our investees.